Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Antenatal appointment.

My sister Kate came with me to my antenatal appointment last night, we spent the day together at the movies for my birthday, so we just headed to the hospital after that, although the traffic was horrendous and it took an hour and a half to get there, so we were half an hour late. Very quiet in the BU though (thankfully) Kate was disappointed in that, she wanted to hear screaming women, who knows why!

The midwife, Jane, was lovely. All my previous antenatal appointments have taken no more than 15 minutes maximum, but this one took 50 minutes! Mainly because she was happy to sit around and chat with us for the majority of the time.

Good news is, baby is doing perfectly! Last night was the first time I'd heard her heartbeat, and it was lovely and strong *wub*. Fundal height is measuring exactly 25cms which equals 25 weeks :D And, best of all, there are no scales in the birthing unit, so the exact number in cubic tonnes that I've gained lately remains unknown! Yippee!

Bad news, blood pressure is a little high, but nothing to worry about at this stage. SPD - check! Eugh. Can't get in through the hospital physiotherapists because they're completely booked out so it looks like private physio it is.

Next appointment is in the birthing unit again in 3 weeks time.

No comments:

Post a Comment