Monday, July 14, 2008

21 weeks.

Only a day between updates, but who cares, right?

Hips are farking sore. Getting minimal sleep. Baby moving a lot of an evening time, and right down low. Having really vivid dreams again, 3 pretty awful one's in succession over the course of last night. The last one, my daughter almost drowned, woke me in such a panic, I thought my heart was going to beat right out of my chest :(.

Feeling really tired this week, not sure why, I've not done anything extra to warrant said tiredness. Went to visit a work colleague today who promptly told me I look dreadful "look at those dark circles under your eyes!". Hmph.

I read through the NSW Dept of Health issued "Having a baby" or whatever it's called, but I still wanted to hear more, particularly about birth.Started reading "Up The Duff" by Kaz Cooke last week and really enjoying it, one particularly funny part made me snort:
"Marg's getting on in her pregnancy now. She just rang to say she was in the shoe shop and a woman told her she had good posture. Marg, completely vague, swollen and stuffed full of pregnancy info, meant to tell the shop assistant that's because when she walks, she 'leads with her sternum', the breastbone. Unfortunately what she actually said was she 'leads with her perineum', which is the area between the vagina and the anus"... Hahahahaha

Can't find my damn antenatal yellow card anywhere. Not inclined to tell the hospital, considering it was only replaced last visit because I'd lost my original one. Hoping it's at work.

Mum has been emailing me with potential names for the baby. "Amelia Kate Rose" was her last effort. That's after she's suggested: Lucinda, Eugenie, Molly, Georgia, Gillian... Our original plan was to have "Evelyn Kate" as the middle names, Evelyn being my Mum's middle name and Kate being my sister's name (well, she's a Katherine technically, but goes by Kate). The day we found out we were having another girl, Mum said don't use Evelyn after her because she's never liked it and never uses it. Back to the drawing board on that one

No comments:

Post a Comment