Tuesday, November 11, 2008

38 weeks.

I am REALLY feeling it now. Last night it was well after 3am by the time I got to sleep. Swollen feet, sore back and awfully painful (but irregular) Braxton Hicks had me on the lounge watching bloody infomercials for hours on end, and now, I want the Windsor Pilates Circle thing and Pro-active!!

I tried to be organised this morning and put on a load of washing as soon as I woke up, it's still sitting in the washing machine some 5 hours later, and the clothes I hung out on Sunday are still on the line too. I really do have good intentions on getting it all done, it's just the following though that I struggle with LOL.

Isla has been really good, I am really very lucky that she's been so sweet and lovely and not a complete and utter feral. ian goes on holidays at the end of this week, with the baby scheduled to come on the 20th, although I will be calling the hospital tonight just to confirm and see if someone can give me a straight answer on the anaesthesia clinic/pre-admission clinic and paperwork. I just want to have everything sorted out ASAP so I can relax a little.

I've spent the morning searching on various childbirth things, not sure why, I've made up my mind, but I'm just so curious to know more, but I don't want to know too much! It's so hard to be one of those people who freaks out at the mere mention of anything medical, yet being faced with being awake for a major surgery - I'm trying to find a balance between knowing enough and knowing too much. Easier said than done.

I have lots of questions to ask, but I don't know if a) I'll get the chance to actually ask them (will I go into labour before my appointments?) and b) whether anyone will be able to answer them for me, or will it simply be a case of passing the buck a-la last Friday's appointment.

Things I want to know:

:: Can I have music/ipod in with me so I don't hear all that surgical stuff?

:: Can the baby stay with me (along with my husband) in recovery?

:: Can the baby have all the health checks/weighing etc done with me there rather than while I'm in recovery?

:: What's the difference between a spinal block and an epidural, and which one would be best for me?

:: What sort of pain relief will I be offered after the birth?

:: What happens if I have a MAJOR freak out in the theatre? - a very real possibility!

:: Can someone PLEASE look at my wobbly tummy and ensure that I don't have some feral skin apron after the birth - something I am very worried about.

That's all I can think of for now, I know my lovely sister Kate (who will be accompanying me for the birth) has some questions too, I should really call her and see what they are so I can ask on her behalf.

Just before I go to lay on the lounge for the umpteenth time today, I want to say a very, very BIG thank-you to my wonderful girls for all their support and understanding of my decision for an elective c-section. You girls are my rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment