Friday, June 20, 2008

17 weeks.

I had my first appointment back at the hospital on Wednesday and I hated every second of it.

I picked an 8am appointment because it would be the first of the day, so no waiting for us. Wrong. It was 8.25 when I was called in to see the midwife from hell. She was such an awful person, no people skills. She wouldn't listen to anything I had to say, other than checking my blood pressure asked no more questions about how I was etc.

All my files were there from the previous hospital that I booked into when we lived in a different catchment, so essentially, it wasn't a first appointment at all. So, imagine my surprise when I asked as she finished all the paperwork (that had already been done a few weeks ago, all she had to do was update my BP) if we could listen to the heartbeat, she refused as "we don't do that on first appointments". I know it's only something minor, but it pissed me off no end. I wanted to burst into tears. Is it really so much to ask? The doppler was within arms reach, and I honestly think she just couldn't be bothered, as she looked over at it, then at me, then back at the doppler before saying no, then saying I had to leave.

Feeling a lot more movements now, mainly on the right hand side. Booked in for morphology Ultrasound on the 30th of June.

ETA - They've deemed me High Risk (again) despite not having any conclusive results to indicate that I am, in fact, high risk. VMO appointment on July 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment